The last Wednesday of each month, except December.
7.00pm – 9.00pm.
Normally it is 7.00pm for a 7.30pm start, but people do start arriving from about 6:30pm. However we can always do with a hand setting up!
Doncaster School for the Deaf
Race Course Roundabout
Leger Way, Doncaster
South Yorkshire, DN2 6AY
(opposite the Doncaster Race Course Exhibition Centre).
There is adequate free parking and facilities are available for the disabled.
- Meetings are free to members; Visitors £3, from January 2017, (refunded if you join on the night).
- It’s a good chance to meet with other members with the same hobby. You will be able to talk to others, obtain advice and be part of a vibrant Family History Society.
- Each month there is a speaker, and the talks are all so varied.
- On the Bookstall you will be able to purchase the Society’s and other publications. We have over 400 publications, most of which will be available at the meeting.
- At the the Exchange Journal Table you can borrow journals form one of our fellow societies.
- Our Journal, the Doncaster Ancestor, is also available every quarter, February, May, August and November.
|25 January||They Did Not Grow Old||Tim Lynch|
|22 February||Railway Posters of the Yorkshire Coast||Rachel Holland|
|29 March||Church Wills||Brian Smailes|
|26 April||Life of the Early Victorian Deaf......||Anne Sherman|
|31 May||A Funny Thing Happened||Jane Price|
|28 June||The Mysterious Mr Smart||Sheila Dixon|
|26 July||The Bronte’s of Haworth||Helen Cox|
|30 August||Police History Part 1 1821 -1900||John Brown|
|27 September||Police History Part 2 1900 -1968||John Brown|
|25 October||Why Did They Come From Here||Adrian Gray|
|29 November||Another Visit in and Around Doncaster||Philip Langford &
Please Note – There will occasionally be a change to the pre-advertised speaker due to circumstances beyond our control. If you are coming to hear a specific talk, please check our website before you travel or contact the Programme Secretary