Benefits of Membership
- Online Meetings.
- Limited FREE email Research Service.
- Society journal ‘The Doncaster Ancestor’.
- Have the names you are researching published in the journal and kept on the members’ interest database.
- *Lending and Reference libraries.
- Large range of publications available on website
- Journals of other Family History Societies.
- *A bookstall at monthly meetings. Subject to volunteers being available.
- *Opportunity to attend classes for beginners and for the more experienced.
- *Annual Family History Day.
*Not available due to the coronavirus.
Notes for New Members
On joining the Society, you will receive a welcome pack, containing various leaflets eg Forthcoming Events (being held by the Society), Publications List and a Members’ Surname Interest form.
The names you are researching will be published in the next issue of The Doncaster Ancestor, the Journal of the Society which is published quarterly, and will also be kept on the members’ interests database. These entries in the Journal frequently result in contacts being made with people who have similar interests.
In addition to circulating The Doncaster Ancestor to each of our members, we also exchange journals with a number other Family History Societies. These are available for loan at the monthly meetings and in the Members area of the website. All correspondence needing a reply must be accompanied by a Stamped Addressed Envelope (with U.K. stamps) or two I.R.C.s obtainable at Post Offices.
Membership Enquiries: Please contact the Membership Secretary.