We hope this website will be of some use to you if you are researching relatives in and around Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England, although the Society’s records are not limited to Doncaster.
Click here to see a 1914 Doncaster Archdeaconry Map of Parishes and Townships covered by Doncaster and District Family History Society (map displays in a new window).
Additional burial transcriptions have been added to the Brodsworth St Michael parish records download - Burials range now 1538 to 1960.
Online Sales, including membership, go to our shop.
Postal Sales - Download the Latest Publications List (PDF, 541kb)Read more
"Death records provide a valuable glimpse into the past. This Halloween, from October 29 until November 2, MyHeritage is giving free and unlimited access to all death, burial, cemetery and obituary records.Read more
"It is now just under six months until the Census in England and Wales takes place on 21st March 2021.
In the light of Covid-19, we have refined our plans to ensure that everyone can provide their information safely and securely. As we continue to deliver our plans with contingencies in place, we are now in a strong position and are confident of delivering an outstanding Census in 2021.Read more
A series of podcasts aimed at providing information on various family history research topics.
Now available - The 1939 Register (Wartime Domesday)Read more
The Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives, the association representing professional genealogists in England and Wales, has announced their latest development a series of podcasts to be streamed via the AGRA website – Ask AGRA – Family History Question Time.
The first series of six to be made available monthly from 1st September 2020.Read more
The Society is pleased to announce the launch of a limited free email Research Service.
Whilst not fully compensating for the closure of our Family History HELPDESK, due to the coronavirus, the service is initially available to all in celebration of the Society’s 40th Anniversary.
For more information please go to the Research Enquiry Service pageRead more
Update: 28 April 2020
The initial period, which was due to end on 30 April, has now been extended to the end of May 2020 and will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
Recent Additions – D&DFHS
- Computer Group Snippets 15 October 2020
- Doncaster Ancestor Autumn 2020 e-Journal
- Doncaster Ancestor Index updated 25 September 2020
- D&DFHS Members Interests’ updated 22 October 2020
Recent Additions – Other Society e-Journals
- Aberdeen NEFHS August 2020
- Bedfordshire FHS September 2020
- Essex SfFH August 2020
- Birmingham and Midlands SfG&H September 2020
- Calderdale FHS September 2020
- City of York FHS Newsletter October 2020
- FHS Cheshire September 2020
- Glamorgan FHS September 2020
- HAGSOC September 2020
- Hertfordshire FHS September 2020
- Hillingdon FHS September 2020
- Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies August 2020
- Lincolnshire FHS September 2020 Newsletter
- Manchester & Lancashire FHS No 3 2020
- Nottinghamshire FHS October 2020
- Ryedale FHG October 2020
- SAG September 2020
- Yorkshire Archaeological Society FHS Summer 2020
Doncaster Ancestor is the membership journal of the Society. It is published, quarterly, in February, May, August and November. If you would prefer to have access online to the e-Journal version of Doncaster Ancestor, rather than receive a copy via the post, please email the Membership Secretary.
Doncaster Ancestor Articles Index