We hope this website will be of some use to you if you are researching relatives in and around Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England, although the Society’s records are not limited to Doncaster.
Click here to see a 1914 Doncaster Archdeaconry Map of Parishes and Townships covered by Doncaster and District Family History Society (map displays in a new window).
The Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives, the association representing professional genealogists in England and Wales, has announced their latest development a series of podcasts to be streamed via the AGRA website – Ask AGRA – Family History Question Time.
The first series of six to be made available monthly from 1st September 2020.Read more
The Doncaster Ancestor Autumn 2020 edition is now available in the Members' Area of the website.
Articles include the following:Read more
The Society has published a Download for Goole St John the Evangelist. Information includes:
- Baptisms 1848 to 1917
- Burials 1849 to 1923
- Monumental Inscriptions
Online Sales, including membership, go to our shop.
Postal Sales - Download the Latest Publications List (PDF, 946kb)Read more
The Society is pleased to announce the launch of a limited free email Research Service.
Whilst not fully compensating for the closure of our Family History HELPDESK, due to the coronavirus, the service is initially available to all in celebration of the Society’s 40th Anniversary.
For more information please go to the Research Enquiry Service pageRead more
Update: 28 April 2020
The initial period, which was due to end on 30 April, has now been extended to the end of May 2020 and will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
Recent Additions – D&DFHS
- Computer Group Snippets 20 August 2020
- Doncaster Ancestor Autumn 2020 e-Journal
- Doncaster Ancestor Index updated 16 May 2020
- D&DFHS Members Interests’ updated 30 August 2020
Recent Additions – Other Society e-Journals
- Aberdeen NEFHS August 2020 e-Journal
- Bedfordshire FHS September 2020 e-Journal
- Essex SfFH August 2020 e-Journal
- Birmingham and Midlands SfG&H September 2020 e-Journal
- Glamorgan FHS September 2020 e-Journal
- HAGSOC September 2020 e-Journal
- Hertfordshire FHS September 2020 e-Journal
- Hillingdon FHS September 2020 e-Journal
- Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies August 2020 e-Journal
- Lincolnshire FHS September 2020 Newsletter
- Manchester & Lancashire FHS No 3 2020 e-Journal
- Yorkshire Archaeological Society FHS Summer 21020 e-Journal
Doncaster Ancestor is the membership journal of the Society. It is published, quarterly, in February, May, August and November. If you would prefer to have access online to the e-Journal version of Doncaster Ancestor, rather than receive a copy via the post, please email the Membership Secretary.
Doncaster Ancestor Articles Index