Our Society's Objectives
- To provide a forum for members to meet and discuss the study of family history and genealogy.
- To produce a journal regularly.
- To arrange a programme of lectures, visits and other activities connected with subjects of interest to the Society.
- To seek out, transcribe, index and wherever possible publish or make available material relevant to the interests of the Society.
- To provide guidance in family history research and study to those living elsewhere whose families come from the area.
As a registered charity (number 516226) we are governed by a constitution and also by the standards and protocols set by the Charity Commission – visit their website – the Charity Commission.
To view our constitution, click on the button below.
Other Society Policies
There are a number of other relevant policy documents, which are listed below. Each is reviewed regularly and updated where necessary to meet the changing demands placed on our small charity.
To view each document click on the link, which will open in a separate page.