We hope this website will be of some use to you if you are researching relatives in and around Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England, although the Society's records are not limited to Doncaster.
Click here to see a 1914 Doncaster Archdeaconry Map of Parishes and Townships covered by Doncaster and District Family History Society (map displays in a new window).
- Marriages 1838 to 1940
- Wesleyan Methodist Baptisms 1922 to 1940
- Marriages 1564 to 1749 and 1838 to 1940
- Burials 1901 to 1974
- Baptisms 1902 to 1920
- Marriages 1538 to 1749 and 1838 to 1939
- Burials 1905 to 1958
- Darfield Transcriptions
- Butter Cross, Doncaster
- Were any of your Ancestors Painters and Decorators in Doncaster?
- It Started with a Scrapbook
- Leicester House, Regent Square and a Family History
- Ypres and the Somme Today
- William Lound of Stubbs Walden
- Keeping their Beacons Alight
- The Waterdale Clock
- Closure of Lichfield Record Office
- Darfield Marriage Register
The Society has revised several of their Parish Records CDs.
The following transcriptions have been added:
Arksey All Saints Parish Records and more
Campsall St Mary Magdalene Church Parish Records and more
Tickhill St. Mary's Church Parish Records and more
Essex Society for Family History is the latest society to provide an electonic version, e-journal, of their journal instead of a hard copy version.
The rescheduled 2018 Annual General Meeting(AGM) of Doncaster and District Family History Society will take place in the main hall of Doncaster School for the Deaf, Leger Way, Doncaster on Wednesday 28 March 2018 at 7.30pm.
Followed by a talk from David Bell on "Trust me, I am your Plague Doctor".
The Doncaster Ancestor Spring 2018 e-Journal edition is now available on the website.
Articles include the following: